Friday, February 6, 2009

My First TNT Event!!!

Hey Everyone!  I'm training to participate in a triathlon. I will be doing this event as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training and we are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. This is very important to me because my grandpa lost his battle with lymphoma cancer in 2000.  I am completing this event in his honor and  in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. 
Here's a pic of my mom, me and my grandpa...obviously from awhile ago but it's one of my favorites because my grandpa loved trains.  I spent a good amount of time in his train room where he enjoyed building up this little train town that had houses and stores...it was super cool!  He even got me a hat to wear with him while we worked on the trains together.  Now my son loves trains and it just warms my heart that he loves something his great grandpa loved as well.

I'm going to use this blog to post about my workouts, fundraising and other TNT related stuff.  

Sincerely,
Summir

No comments:

Post a Comment