Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Wet Ride

Today we met up for what was to be a flat 15 miles but turned into a super rainy and windy ride.  It was an awesome challenge and felt oh so wonderful to be in my car with the heater on max when I was finished.

Today was very motivational.  One of our team mates shared his reasons for joining up with Team In Training.  His dad had lymphoma cancer and was in remission but had complications with getting sick after and passed away.  His passion for finding a cure was inspiring.  He said he was pissed with how many people he knew how have lost their battle with cancer and wants so badly for a cure to be found.  The coaches asked us to remember why we joined and that reason is in my mind every single day....my grandpa!    

As I hear the rain pour down right now, I'm guessing our 5k Shamrock Run tomorrow morning will be pretty wet as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment