Monday, March 9, 2009

5th Training Session and Potluck

First off I'd like to thank Mark and my Mom for donating!!  You guys rock!  Also I'd like to thank Mary Buban, a friend of my Mom and my Aunt Nancy who doesn't know me but still felt like donating would be a pretty sweet idea...THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME!!!

Last Saturday bumped me up to 40 minutes of straight jogging!!  YIPPEE!!  This is super tough...probably the hardest part of the training and will for sure be the hardest part of the race especially because it is at the end.  I have a great partner who I run with named Dina.  We are pretty similar in pace so that helps us to keep going.  

After our workout we had a Team in Training - All Event Potluck.  So the marathoners, cycle team and the triathlon teams were all joined to do there workout from the same place and regroup after for some inspirational stories, good food and free 5 minute massages...oh that was nice! 

Here are two pictures before my battery went dead...next time I need to remember to charge it!
Dina is in the blue and black beanie and Dave my mentor is on the left in the red jacket.  Can't see either of them really well but it was an action shot  :)
Tonight I'll be joining the team for a swim workout!

Sincerely,
Summir

No comments:

Post a Comment