Saturday, May 9, 2009

Brick #2

Today was our second brick, which in triathlon terminology means 2 of the 3 events at one workout.  We rode 20 miles and then ran 4 miles.  Wow...the workouts are building up and Team In Training is really preparing us for our triathlon.  I LOVE TNT!!!

If this bike looks new to you ... that's cause it is!  Happy Mother's Day to me!!  
This is called a transition area where you put all your gear that you need for racing.  Last time I think I had a couple things that I didn't really use but this time I was much more prepared.
The whole workout today took me 2 hours and 40 minutes and it just thrills me that I'm getting in shape with such an awesome group of people who are such a support system it's more like a family.  A lot of the people who sign up for Team In Training know someone who was affected by cancer and it's a very personal journey for each of us.  Some people do it just to get into shape but are fundraising for a great cause non the less.  The coolest thing is that this journey of mine has been so awesome because of all the other people I'm training with.  We can share our experiences with who was touched by cancer and we are there for each other. 

I love Team In Training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment