Saturday, February 28, 2009

4th Training Session

Saturday was awesome!  I started my morning early and saw some amazingly beautiful colors as the sun was rising.  When driving along the 99W, there is a great clear open space to see Mt. Hood on a clear day and today was that kind of day!  It was a great way to start the day. 

We meet up at the Spring Water Corridor, which is where Micah and I logged many miles training for the 2007 Portland Marathon.  This trail is great because it has 1/2 mile markers along the way which helps me stay motivated.  With the chilly 40 degree weather I had my sneakers on and I was ready to run!

I jogged for 30 minutes straight.  This is probably the 5 time in a row that I have been able to jog since I started training for the triathlon and each time feels a little better.  Getting in shape feels good and it's nice to start my day off with a bunch of people cheering for each other.  Team in Training makes working out so much fun!!

Thank you so much for my most recent donators: the Walker family (Kristie, Colin & Annie), the Currie family (Sasha, Cliff & kiddos), the Brisbane family (Joyce & Art) and one of my Team in Training Coaches - Dano.  Coach Dano gave us a challenge on the last team bike ride to look for a bear and asked what the bear was standing in front of...which was a mint green house...so he donated $5 to my fundraising.   I am now 17.5% of the way to my fundraising goal of $3,400.  Thank you all for your support!!!!! 

Sincerely,
Summir

No comments:

Post a Comment